Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another slice

A woman I know referred to her "facebook life", the slice of life that she presents to the world on facebook: the perfect pie she baked, the cute family photos, all smiles.  I don't have a facebook account, but it struck me that this blog is the equivalent -- I post the smiles and the sweet moments and leave out the images that are less becoming. True, I didn't have the camera on hand when Arthur splashed toilet water all over the floor and slipped and fell and lay there, face down in the water, crying. I don't take photos when I'm holding a writhing, screaming, spitting, pinching, tantruming kid. But those moments are there. Often. Food on the floor, again. Snot-crusted faces and red, chapped noses. Tears. Defiant tantrums and power plays. Wrestling matches to get into jackets and into carseats. Moments when feelings of frustration and failure take hold. I don't post these moments. Would you want to see them?  We all know they're there. Well, here's a little glimpse beyond my facebook life: sometimes I feed the kids frozen vegetables in bowls on the floor and pretend it's kitty kibble. "Here, Kitty Kitty! Come git yer kibble!"  They love it.
 

2 comments:

  1. lol! some of the other parts would be fun to see to because they are part of your lives and they are often funny after...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a (possible) problem with kids is that they have no filter... when you were up for my bday, navelle said she is a kitty too (like olive) because she gets on the floor and eats kibbles... had i not seen this post, i would have inquired further. instead, i told her that olive's kibble isn't as tasty as hers so she shouldn't eat it

    ReplyDelete